There is a possibility of anonymised or patient-identifiable information being disclosed for the purpose of the provision of healthcare services within the NHS, e.g. hospital referrals. This does not affect your rights under the Data Protection Act.
Freedom of Information
The ICO has published a new Model Publication Scheme that all public authorities are required to adopt.
Request to view full Medical Records
If you would like to view your full Medical Records, please request a form and details of charges from Reception. Alternatively you can request online access to your detailed coded record. Please ask reception for more information.
Patient Rights and Responsibilities
You have a right to:
- Full Confidentiality in respect of all aspects of your personal health information and medical history.
- Courtesy will be shown at all times from Doctors, Practice Staff and other Health Service Staff.
- Information – you have the right to ask questions about your own health and have your questions answered. The Practice allows you access to your record on request, in line with current legislation.
- A smoke Free Environment – the Practice operates a no-smoking policy.
The Practice does not discriminate on grounds of race, gender, social class, age, religion, sexual orientation, appearance, disability or medical condition.
We take confidentiality seriously and all staff are bound by the same rules of confidentiality as the doctors. Please give Reception as much information as possible which will enable us to get you an appointment sooner with the most appropriate clinician.
If you would like to make a complaint or comment on the Practice or services, please drop a note in the suggestions box at Reception, or click the link below for more advice regarding our complaints procedure.
Help Us to Help You
You are responsible as follows:
- Please keep your appointment or give adequate notice that you wish to cancel it.
- Please do not delay the doctor - please show consideration to other patients. Remember an appointment is for 10 minutes and for one person only.
- Please come to the surgery when not prevented by serious illness or infirmity. A doctor can see more patients in the surgery than when out visiting.
- Please be responsible for your own health – take appropriate action to prevent ill health, by following advice given by Health professionals.
- Zero tolerance to Violence – where a patient is violent or abusive to persons or premises, the practice will take action to withdraw services from this patient.