It is never too late to stop smoking, if you are serious about stopping we can provide you with 1:1 smoking cessation advice or we can provide help and information about the local smoking cessation group where you can get support from fellow smokers who wish to give up.
- Smokers are more likely to get ill and die earlier than non-smokers.
- Smoking kills over 100,000 people per year in the United Kingdom.
- Nicotine is ten times more addictive than heroin.
The Smoking Cessation Group has a number of tips to help you stop:
- Pick a date and keep to it
- Plan your attempt to quit smoking
- Support from family and friends is vital
- Reward yourself with 'treats' from the money you save
- Always take one day at a time
- Be positive
Your doctor will be able to advise you about Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT). NRT increases your chances of quitting successfully. The products are available on prescription.
1 to 1 smoking cessation help and advice is offered locally at the surgery by our nurses and healthcare assistants. Please call the surgery to make an appointment.
You can also get help with a personal quit plan using the quit-plan tool below: